USA & Canada 2012: Hawaiian Discovery Moderate 2012
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2012
Discover the lush beaches, dramatic volcanoes, and amazing vistas while you taste the fresh local produce that Hawaii is known for. Take in the sights and history of Honolulu and Pearl Harbor, then journey through the macadamia nut orchards and coffee plantations in Kona. Spend leisure time in Maui and Kauai perhaps relaxing on the beach or sailing on the crystal-clear waters that make up this spectacular destination.
- Honolulu Explore the city's main highlights including Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial, National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific and downtown Honolulu.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Learn how the Hawaiian Islands were created; stop at the active Kilauea Volcano; visit the Thomas A. Jaggar Museum and walk through an actual lava tube.
- Kona Visit a Kona coffee farm.
- Maui Visit the historic whaling town of Lahaina.
- Audio Headsets For all guided visits and included sightseeing.
- Welcome Reception with your Travel Director in Honolulu.
- 10 full breakfasts.
- 1 three-course dinner.
- 2 Highlight Lunches on Hawaii and Kauai.
- Highlight Dinner with wine in Waikiki.
- Luau Highlight Dinner with open bar on Maui.
- Be My Guest Lunch with wine on Maui.
- Farewell Dinner with wine on Kauai.
- First class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach
- The services of one of our professional Travel Directors throughout your journey
- Souvenir Photo Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
- A stylish wallet, travel documents, keepsake booklet and map
- A Trafalgar Bonus - All inter-island flights: Oahu to Hawaii and Hawaii to Maui plus all airport transfers included.
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 11.
- Aloha Welcome with fresh flower lei on arrival at Honolulu International Airport on Day 1.
- Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
Call (602) 952-1845 for more information or to book today! Mention code 10215894
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Honolulu||ARRIVE HONOLULU (2 NIGHTS): Welcome to Hawaii! In the traditional Aloha spirit, you'll be greeted at the airport with a fragrant lei and your complimentary transfer will take you to your tour hotel in the heart of Waikiki. Meet your Tour Director at the hotel this afternoon. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel for a Hawaiian-Style Welcome Reception.|
Waikiki Beach Marriott Resport & Spa (ROH)
|Day 2||Honolulu||PEARL HARBOR - HONOLULU SIGHTSEEING: Begin your day with a guided visit to Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial, a moving tribute to those military personnel still entombed in her hull from the fatal attack of 1941. Travel on to Punchbowl Crater and the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Return to downtown Honolulu to see the splendid Iolani Palace, the iconic King Kamehameha I statue and the state capitol building. Then visit a coral jewellery workshop to see how expert artisans transform a treasure of the sea into a priceless memento. Spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure before joining your Tour Director and travelling companions for a Highlight Dinner at a local restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)|
|Day 3||Kona||OAHU - HAWAII VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK - KONA (2 NIGHTS): Your morning begins with a short, scenic flight to Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii. Set out for the Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that's home to both the world's largest and its most active volcano. Look out on spectacular views of the caldera and crater and learn about the geology of the islands at the Jaggar Museum; then walk through a real lava tube. After a Highlight Lunch, learn how the rich volcanic soil around Kona produces some of the world's best coffee. Visit a local coffee farm and mill and savour a tasting of 100% Kona coffee. Reach the stunning Kona coast and check in to your oceanfront resort. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Lunch / Dinner)|
Royal Kona Resort (POV)
|Day 4||Kona||KONA AT LEISURE: Wake to the sound of the sea and explore one of the most beautiful areas in the world on your own today. Options abound: Tour a native Hawaiian temple in the lively seaside town of Kailua, don a snorkel and mask to commune with Hawaii's colourful marine life, look for green sea turtles at Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, descend into the depths on a submarine or just relax and enjoy your resort. This evening, as the sky grows red in the west, why not take an optional cruise to relish one of Kona's magnificent sunsets? (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Maui||KONA - MAUI (3 NIGHTS): Soar high above the Pacific again as you fly to Maui, the Magic Isle, home to endless white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters and luxuriant tropical foliage. Travel into the countryside to visit a local farm and learn about sustainable agriculture on the islands. Then toast your host with a glass of wine and indulge in a special Be My Guest Lunch featuring the finest local ingredients. Formerly a royal retreat, spectacular Kaanapali Beach is often ranked as one of America's finest beaches. Check in to your beachfront resort and relax for the evening. (Full Breakfast / Be My Guest lunch)|
Royal Lahaina Resot (POV)
|Days 6-7||Maui||MAUI AT LEISURE: Enjoy two full days in paradise as you chart your own course through Maui's wonderlands. Spend some time on the white-sand beaches. Take an afternoon to explore the old whaling village of Lahaina with its trendy art galleries and welcoming cafes. Play 18 holes at a championship golf course overlooking the sea. Rise early and ascend to the summit of Mount Haleakala to see the sunrise. Or make the scenic journey to the remote town of Hana on Maui's rugged eastern coast. Maybe get a bird's-eye view of Maui on a helicopter flightseeing excursion. During your stay on Maui, enjoy a presentation with a naturalist and learn about the exotic flora and fauna of the islands. On one evening, join your companions for a festive Luau Highlight Dinner, featuring a sumptuous buffet, tropical cocktails and the song and dance of old Hawaii and the South Pacific. Relish the scene as the rising moon transforms the seas into liquid silver, and marvel as the stars begin to brighten the sky. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner / Full Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Kauai||MAUI - KAUAI (3 NIGHTS): A brief flight takes you to the Garden Isle of Kauai, whose rugged Na Pali Coast was the site of filming for Jurassic Park and King Kong. Head into the interior on a cruise of the tranquil Wailua River, passing thick rainforests and the Sleeping Giant mountain ridge. Stroll to a spot once reserved for Hawaiian royalty: the gorgeous Fern Grotto. In this natural amphitheatre, Hawaiian dancers and singers will perform traditional songs and hula. A riverside Highlight Lunch completes the tour before
heading to your beautiful oceanfront resort. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Lunch)|
Kauai Beach Resort (LV)
|Days 9-10||Kauai||KAUAI AT LEISURE: Spend two glorious days on Kauai, savouring its many natural wonders. Maybe take a trip to immense Waimea Canyon, resplendent in the changing island light. Or travel by boat or helicopter to the Na Pali Coast, which offers some of the most spectacular scenery in the entire world. And don't forget to leave some time to enjoy the lovely pool at your resort - for no Hawaiian idyll is complete without some serious relaxation. On your final night on Kauai, join your Tour Director and travelling companions for a festive Farewell Dinner. (Full Breakfast / Full Breakfast / Farewell Dinner)|
|Day 11||DEPART KAUAI||DEPART KAUAI: A hui hou? until we meet again. On your complimentary transfer to Lihue Airport, begin planning your next visit! (Full Breakfast)|
- Above prices include all intra-tour air related charges in economy class for Honolulu-Hilo and Kona-Kahului and Kahului-Lihue and are accurate as of May 20, 2011. For up-to-date pricing, please visit www.Trafalgar.comPlease note: Guaranteed Room Share is not available. These departures operate as per the 2011 brochure. Hotels, hotel room categories and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.All prices above are based on Moderate Hotel accommodation and are per person, twin share.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class